Sunday, September 18, 2011

About Me

Well goodness, I never know what to write about myself...
So here goes nothing!

I am nerd at heart and probably one of the most spontaneous people you will meet. I love to experience new things and go on crazy adventures, so I never know where I am going to be next. One second I am here, the next I could be jumping out of a plane, on the back of a motorcycle, or perhaps simply driving to the coast just to lay and read a book, run through the water, and throw a ball for my dog Tucker. Though extra slobbery, this highly energetic, 70lb, four-legged companion continues to share in my excitement and experiences in life. It is also not an uncommon occurrence to find me at home listening to jazz, sipping on a glass of red wine, throwing paint on canvas (or doing some other art project I have my mind set on at the moment). Life is just too short not to enjoy as much of it as you can!

I hope to use my creativity and passion of learning to become an excellent elementary/middle school teacher. While elementary is my primary focus in this MAT program, I am also pursuing my certification in both middle school math and health, as well as obtaining my reading endorsement. I think that really enjoying what you do is important not only for your own well-being, but for your students as well. I hope that I am able to use my energy and enthusiasm to instill a love of learning in my students. 





1 comment:

  1. If one is able to have a passion and teach that passion ... how wonderful.

    ReplyDelete